Welcome in PUMAlab
PUMAlab is an additional support tool for users.
PUMA achieves a controlled tool of self-archiving of research results (metadata and digital documents) and collecting the widespread need shared by many:
- Normalize the process of data collection, to deposit them only once;
- Check the quality of data collected and give authority to the content and certification;
- Update files and maintain over time the availability of data and services;
- Retrieve bibliographic information from existing archives;
- Manage access rights to the digital document according to copyright law and assign a unique identifier to the documents;
- search and retrieve documents filed;
- Create bibliographic lists sorted by type, by year, by author, by group, by contract, etc.. according to requirements;
- Re-use the same data for different applications and services (eg research evaluation, data exchange with the CNR, Institute bibliographies and / or the researcher, personal web pages or Institute, etc.);
- Exchange of bibliographic information with internal and external systems to CNR according to standard protocols (eg OAI-PMH);
- Increase the national and international visibility to the scientific production (through search engines like Google Scholar, etc..);
- Participate in the movement "Open Acces" making available documents that may be distributed freely (see OpenAIRE (before DRIVER, OAIster) etc..).